Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, March 11, 2011

Doula Visit #2 (Part 1)

We had our second visit from our doula, Michelle, on Friday night.

We started the class by going over the homework that Cameron and I had to do. We had to write down our fears/anxieties about the rest of the pregnancy and the labor and delivery. Many of our concerns will be taken care of once we learn more...or so we hope! I also had to write down things I have accomplished and overcome in my life and how I've surprised myself. Cameron had to answer basically the same questions, but about me. I had a pretty tough time thinking of things I've overcome! The point of this activity was to find places to pull strength from later on (in labor).

I also had to write down what I ate for 2 days. The bottom line? I eat too much sugar and not enough fat! It turns out that not enough (good) fat increases my cravings for sugar...so I eat sugar and then I crash so I need more sugar. Bad cycle. I need to work on improving my diet (which is expensive!). Today I bought almond butter, an avocado and more walnuts. I'm not beating myself up about my food though...what I have been doing seems to be working fine, so I'm looking at it more as fine tuning and making improvements :)

3 comments:

  1. I could not read this post -- who knows why, but I have been following them. All sounds very good. That low blood pressure is amazing, which I take to be a good sign, whatever the time of day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been a very short visit . . . or so dense you're still processing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the confusion!!! Here's Part 1....and I just posted Part 2 :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete