Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Appointment #2

We had our second appointment with the doctor today! At 14 weeks all she really does is answer any questions and use a doppler to listen to the heartbeat. The baby is still there with a strong heartbeat! This time it is 165bpm. That's a bit down from a month ago, but it will continue to drop until the end of the pregnancy (this makes sense....at the end it's a person, and no person has a resting heart rate of 165!!!).

I have also gained 4 pounds. At first I got on the scale and the nurse thought I had gained nothing, but I knew I had! When she thought I had gained nothing she sounded a bit concerned, but then she was pleased with my 4 pound gain. Phew! I went from 156.5-160.5. I told her I feel like I'm much bigger and she said, "You look bigger...in a pregnant way." That was just funny to me :)

Other things I learned:
~There is one medication I can take for migraines during pregnancy. We're waiting for it to be called in so I can have it on hand. (I've only had 2 in the past 14 weeks, but they were pretty awful because there was nothing I could do!)
~I can walk through metal detectors at the airport.
~I can try a netty pot to relieve some of my constant congestion.

We will go back on December 1st in the morning for our next appointment. At this appointment we will have another ultra sound and hopefully find out the gender of the baby! (Assuming he/she isn't being shy). Apparently this is the last ultra sound (we won't get to see the baby for entire second half of the pregnancy!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment