Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, November 1, 2010

Food, food and more food!

I know I've posted about this before, but I am so hungry all the time! I still don't have any real cravings, but I do prefer food on the less healthy side! I have to work very hard to get in my servings of fruits and veggies for the day. I'm also not terribly interested in meats like chicken. I'm making an effort though so I can get enough protein.

My biggest concern about the food issue at this point is how much weight I'll gain. So far I'm only at about 5 pounds up so far, which is good for this point in the pregnancy. For my weight and height to begin, I should gain between 25 and 35 pounds.

I've recently developed this fear of developing gestational diabetes. I don't know exactly what to do to prevent it...aside from eat better, not gain too much weight and exercise. (Contrary to what I believed before I was pregnant, this is much easier said than done!)

1 comment:

  1. Have you been looking into workout classes targeted at women who are pregnant? I know my friends have taken special pre-natal workout classes and that allows you to have some consistency the entire time with one or two types of workouts which are being taught by someone who can lead you thru the routine at all levels from first trimester to third. I know yoga and swimming do this and I'm sure there are other classes. I took a strengthen and stretching class yesterday at my local YWCA - something like that could be good and low-impact but make you feel more fit. Some small suggestions to help!

    ReplyDelete