Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 31, 2011

Glucose test--coming up!

These days, every pregnant woman has to have a glucose test between weeks 24 and 28. The test will help determine if I have gestational diabetes (a fear I've had since the beginning, for some unknown reason!)

My glucose test will be this Wednesday, February 2nd.

I will have to get up at 7:30, drink a 10oz bottle of, well, sugar (it's called Glucose 50 because it has 50 grams of SUGAR!). We have an appointment at 8:30 for me to get blood drawn....the blood needs to be drawn exactly an hour after I finish the drink. Oh, and I have to drink the whole drink within 5 minutes, start to finish! That is a LOT of sugar all at once and SO concentrated! I've read that a lot of people just crash after the glucose test because the spike is so intense so the crash is even more intense than a normal sugar crash!



I have made sure I have nothing else planned for the majority of the day, just incase.

We DO, however, have another appointment at 9:30 for another ultra sound, just to see how the 'lil dude is doing. (We opted out of genetic testing, so the doctor wants to take another look at him just to see how his development is coming along---I'm very anxious for this appointment, so Wednesday morning can't come soon enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment