Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Monday, January 31, 2011

Working out

One of my biggest challenges during this pregnancy has been working out on a consistent basis. It's really hard to tell if I really wasn't up to it or if I was using the "I can't, I'm pregnant" excuse. I'd like to believe it's mostly the former, but I'm sure the latter snuck in as well!

With that said, I'm still trying to keep myself in shape and active. I don't expect that working out now will allow me to wear pre-pregnancy clothes out of the hospital (hahahahaha!), but I do hope that it will help me feel better and possibly have a more comfortable recovery (?).

Last week was a really good week for me though :) On Monday I did my prenatal yoga (LOVE it!), then on Thursday I went to the gym and did a little cardio and then a light weights class (way harder than it looks and sounds), I went for a walk on Friday and then on Saturday I went to the cardio circuit class at Linda's studio AND I stayed for kickboxing! I have not done kickboxing for MONTHS (since well before I was pregnant). I was tired later on on Saturday, but I felt great while I was doing it!

I have a plan to do yoga on Mondays, the gym class on Thursdays and Linda's studio on Saturdays....and I hope to have the weather continue to improve so I can add a walk in a couple of times a week as well.

The funny thing about my plan is that, as of TODAY, I'm in my 3rd trimester! From what I've heard and read, this is the part of pregnancy when I will feel the biggest, most tired and most uncomfortable....I'm hoping that will hold off for a few weeks at least so I can keep working out a bit :) I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment