Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I went for a walk!!

The weather has FINALLY cooled off (thanks to a few days of constant rain) and my neighbor, Carrie, and I went on our first walk with the dogs in MONTHS. I'm not sure who was more excited, the two of us or our dogs who are so over the heat!

We went on our normal route....through a neighborhood and around a big pond. After carefully avoiding some massive "puddles" we made our way around the pond and back home again. It was a nice 90 minute walk--JUST what the doctor ordered (well, not really because I have not even seen her yet!) Regardless, it's just what I ordered! I have been so inactive (aside from all of the walking around at do at work) and my body is so thankful that I got moving!

I love walking because it's easy to take it easy or push myself. I also love walking because I love walking with people are passing the time withe some great conversation! It was funny today to talk for so long with Carrie and not mention the baby/pregnancy! Soon enough I'm sure the pregnancy topic will take over our conversations, so it was great to get to catch up about everything else in our lives :)

Keep your fingers crossed that the temps in NC stay below the 80s. I think I can handle a walk in the mid-70s, but I get uncomfortable in anything too much higher!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for long walks! I remember taking that walk with you one day when it was WAY too hot . . . and even then it was beautiful. Keeping fingers crossed that your temperatures stay in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to be able to get out and about -- I know the frustration when the weather does not cooperative, too hot or too cold.

    ReplyDelete