Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, September 11, 2010

"Morning" sickness....

So it's called morning sickness but that's a big lie! Thankfully I've been able to keep my food down, but I feel nauseous ALL the time! It makes me feel pretty useless sometimes because it's really all I can do to get dressed and get to work in the morning! I have to make myself eat something many mornings. I'm hungry, but there is just nothing that I want to eat. It's very frustrating!

Once I get to work the nausea comes in waves, so one minute I can be animated and engaged and the next minute I need to sit down! I'm not a sit and teach kind of teacher, so this is an interesting change for me. It's also tough because at this point, nobody at school knows I'm pregnant, so I feel like it looks like I'm just being lazy!! I suppose I need to do what my body tells me to do and make sure I'm teaching the kids at the same time....easier said than done!

In addition to struggling through the school day, I have not been able to really workout in a week! The idea of jumping around, being hot, etc...is just too much for me to handle. I've managed to take Ramsey for 2 nice 40 minute walks, but that's the extent of my physical activity!

I'm basically hoping that this "morning" sickness won't last past the end of the first trimester so I can enjoy food and working out again!!

1 comment:

  1. A great blog. When you are far away this is a wonderful way to keep us up to date. Must be a "real" pregnancy, right out of the textbooks. Sorry you are feeling so out of sorts, but you are very right -- listen to your body. Women got pregnant and had very healthy babies long before there were doctors. Keep up the posts.

    ReplyDelete