Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, September 12, 2010

What to eat.....????

I have an interesting relationship with food...as in, I never want to be hungry and I can ALWAYS find something to eat, no matter what. All of these hormones have changed that though! I'm thankfully not repulsed by any foods, but I'm also not interested in things I used to love!

For example, I have no desire to eat fresh fruits or veggies! This is an huge change for me, especially since I have been eating more fruits and veggies in the months leading up to this pregnancy.

Over the past week, this is what has interested me (and some of these interests last a day, some a bit longer).
*Mac & Cheese (from the box)

*Grits with butter flavor (I've had two packages today!)

*Crispy veggie chips (they're natural and have iron and niacin!!)---I DID eat the entire bag (7 servings) between 10:30 and 1:30 today...

*Campbell's Healthy Request Italian Wedding Soup (I had it for dinner 3 times last week and bought 4 more cans today!)

*WATER--I really don't even crave anything else to drink

*Multigrain Cheerios

*Eggs (if I can manage to stand at the stove long enough without feeling sick to cook them)

Speaking of eggs...I do need to eat plenty of eggs before the end of the month because I bought some that have extra vitamin D and Omega-3s. Omega-3s are very important for baby brain development and since the idea of eating ANY fish is just gross, I'm hoping to get a bit of what I need from these eggs (they expire on the 24th though).

I also take a prenatal vitamin and calcium supplement twice a day, so even though I might not be eating the ideal diet, I should still be getting the vitamins and nutrients I need!


If you're interested in more about Omega 3s and pregnancy, here is just one of the many articles you can read! (copy and paste)-->
http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/omega-3.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the eggs will be fine until you get around to eating them, as long as they have been refrigerated. Just remember the "up and out" rule, and you'll be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can get just plain Omega 3 pills to swallow -- they are large but give you the nutrient.

    ReplyDelete