Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, September 18, 2010

THIS is morning sickness...

Not to go into too much detail but....this morning was BAD! I woke up with a migraine (I had one yesterday afternoon too but it didn't last long and I was able to get home and have a nice long nap).

So this morning was a terrible migraine and it was even worse I think because I'm not supposed to take any medication! I will be calling the doctor on Tuesday (not open on Mondays) to see what I can do if I get them again. After a while I started feeling a bit odd and decided that maybe I'd get sick....alas, I was correct. I then continued to get sick 4 more times (yes, 5 times). Every 25 minutes. It was NOT a fun couple of hours.

After I thought I might be feeling a bit better but not 100% sure I decided that a nap on the bathroom floor would be a good idea....and it was! Strange as it sounds, I think I actually slept on the floor for close to an hour! Cameron thought I was a bit odd, but I think that nothing is off limits when you're pregnant. I'm learning that I have to do what my body says...even if that IS sleeping on the bathroom floor!

The strangest thing about this morning is that I never really felt nauseous (I suppose I can be "thankful" about that!). I would start to feel clammy and hot and then a couple minutes later I'd get sick. After I got sick I got SO cold for a while. It was a very strange feeling to go back and forth.

I'm praying that this will be a one time thing because I have NO idea how I will handle this if it happens at school. I can't be worrying about getting sick every 25 minutes for 2 hours!!!

Now I'm taking it easy for the rest of the day and still nursing the headache. My focus is re-hydrating right now!

3 comments:

  1. For us guys who cannot share the experience, the closest comparison I can think of (which is not to say I have much experience with it), is what happens when you consume too much alcohol, a much less worthy reason for sleeping in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! So true Daddy! At least in my case it's mostly a sign that crazy, different things are happening in my body that have never happened before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww . . . phooey! If you're going to throw up 5 times and sleep on the bathroom floor, much better to do it on the weekend, for sure. I hope you have a comfy bathmat to nap on. There's no doubt at all that you have to do what your body tells you, is there?

    ReplyDelete