Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, February 4, 2011

Does a Body Good

I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but my HOPE and INTENTION is to have a natural delivery...meaning no interventions of any kind. We have a doula who will teach us what we need to know and who will be there with us on the day of the birth and in the delivery room.

In addition to having the support of the doula, I want to do as much as I can to prepare my body. Going to prenatal yoga is one thing that's helping me prepare my body. I hope to be able to strengthen muscles and learn a few relaxation techniques.

I have also started going to a new chiropractor. I am seeing the chiropractor to make sure that my pelvis is aligned. Having my pelvis aligned will help with the delivery of 'Lil Dude. In addition to having my pelvis aligned the chiropractor can help alleviate sciatic pains and other back pains that I'm sure to develop over the next couple of months!

6 comments:

  1. Speaking only from one person's experience, it isn't ALWAYS necessary to have sciatic pain and back pain, but can't hurt to have an expert lined up (sort of like your pelvis) just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to prepare as much as you can for an anticipated natural birthday, but as someone who has never had a baby but knows people who planned to do a completely natural birth, but open to whatever is best and safest for you and Lil' Dude.
    Have you watched the documentary Ricky Lake made on the subject? Here is her website: www.mybestbirth.com. Good luck getting prepped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful that I actually do understand that the bottom line is a healthy baby and a healthy mommy...I do NOT hope for a c-section, but I will do whatever needs to be done so have healthy people at the end! I totally trust both my doula and my doctor to have our best interest in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are your doula and doctor and hospital all in cahoots? Gotta make sure they're on the same page - I know someone who had to change doulas in order to deliver her baby in the hospital she wanted to. Everything was fine in the end, but she didn't appreciate that curveball late in the game. I'm sure you've got it all covered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My doula has actually been the doula for a woman who was delivered by my doctor...so they have worked "together" before. They are not on the same team per se (most doula's and doctor's are not on the same team...they are both on my team though!). We're all set with all of that, so hopefully no drama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as everyone is on Team Eleanor it sounds like a great plan. Just using my small knowledge of babies and baby delivery to make sure my little sister is being well taken care of!

    ReplyDelete