Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Super SWEET student story!

Every year my school has a fundraiser...this year it was called Frosty February Fun! The biggest way that the PTA makes money from this event is with the baskets that are raffled off. Each class is in charge of assembling a basket (in the past my class has had the "Boys Will Be Boys" basket. There are a lot of really cool ones...Chocolate Lovers, Dress-Up, Golf, Car Care, etc...This year my class was assigned the Baby Boy basket (oh, the irony....my kids were a bit confused about bringing in baby things and having them not actually be for me!) (This year I won the Wrapping Paper basket--I LOVE it!).

I also put tickets into the Baby Boy basket (last year I won the Baby Girl basket...not a lot of people put tickets in the baby baskets, so it was my best chance of winning something :)). I didn't win the baby basket this year.

One of my students had some extra tickets at the end (after she played the games) and her mom let her put the tickets into any baskets she wanted. Where did she put her tickets? In the Baby Boy basket! She wanted to win it for me.....and SHE DID!!!! Here mom brought it in to me at school yesterday. There were so many baskets that would have appealed to a 7 year old girl, yet she still chose to use her tickets to try to win the basket for me. SO sweet :)

(I do now have 3 bathtubs....one from the baby girl basket, one that my friend Joanna gave me, and then another one from this basket. We will have one clean baby!!!)

1 comment:

  1. That is just the BEST story! What wonderful girls . . . small one her, big one you. If the timing works out right, you might be able to hire her as a babysitter for the l'il dude a few years from now. (although actually, it's you she loves, not him)

    You will be happy to know we also have a bathtub, so you won't need to pack one of yours when you come to Chicago this summer, and you'll STILL have a clean baby!

    ReplyDelete