Follow our baby's growth!

 Pregnancy Ticker,  BabyFetus Ticker,  BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weighing in at...

...2 pounds!!!!! Our 'Lil Dude is coming along great so far! They don't measure for a length, but they can (somehow) see how much he weighs. He is now 2 pounds, which is exactly where he should be. Dr. Tahtawi told us that he should gain about half a pound a week between now and delivery, so that will put him at a little more than 8 pounds (we'll see!).

In addition to his weight being on track everything else is looking good :)

They measured his leg bones and they are a good length, his heart is beating well (167 bpm), his belly is a good size and his head is looking great :) I love seeing the heart...it's amazing because we can see the ventricles and the little flaps opening and closing. It's really amazing how hard everything in there is working and he's not even born yet!

There were a few funny points during the ultra sound. First, when the ultra sound technician found his bladder she said, "his bladder is pretty small right now...he must have just emptied it." How funny and cool is it that our little baby is peeing?! (Not gross, cool!)

Another great thing was seeing how he is relaxing inside. We couldn't get a good profile shot of his face because he had his arm covering his face! When I sleep (well, when I'm allowed to sleep on my back), I sleep with my right arm over my face! I also cross my ankles when I sleep on my back. What was our 'Lil Dude doing with his legs? He had his ankles crossed!!!!

We just need to wait until Friday to hear the results of the glucose test, and my fingers are crossed that my glucose number is below 141!!!

We didn't get really great pictures of our guy from this ultra sound, but, as Cameron pointed out, we would much rather hear that everything looks good than have a good profile shot of our baby!

All in all, this appointment was awesome :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent news all around. So glad to hear all is well in your belly.

    How was the glucose test on your end? As gross as you'd heard? Did you crash afterwards? I hope it wasn't all that bad. Keep us posted on the results.

    And you're looking so gorgeous - you've got a great mom-to-be glow about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sister!!! Wednesday was a good day! :) I forgot to write about the glucose experience, so I wrote a whole separate post about it today :)

    ReplyDelete